Secondary school camps provide so many exciting opportunities for students to develop their curiosity and sense of adventure. It also offers them a chance to connect with their inner daredevil, build bonds with their fellow students and explore the wonders of the great outdoors.
Life at one of our fantastic secondary school camps is a chance for your school students to realise their potential, build confidence and experience success as part of a team.
We work closely with teachers to facilitate the curriculum-based learning outcomes that you want your students to achieve. With our vast experience in running immersive, outdoor residential camps, we understand that the needs and abilities of secondary students of different ages are unique, and we tailor our outdoor education programs appropriately for the desired learning outcomes.
With PGL, all activities on our high school camps are included and run 100% by PGL staff, meaning that you can relax and focus on having fun with your group. Each activity session is designed to challenge, motivate and inspire – on land, water and in the air! And the fun doesn’t stop after dinner – we offer an exciting evening program packed full of free entertainment every night, run by PGL staff!
What activities can students enjoy on a secondary school camp?
You may have heard about the exciting activities that we have on offer here at PGL, but there’s nothing like a detailed insight to whet your appetite.
Here’s a little taster of some of the activities you can expect to enjoy during secondary school camp:
- Abseiling – Conquer your fears by walking backwards over the edge of a climbing tower.
- Climbing – Students will learn basic techniques and skills before scaling the wall.
- Canoeing – Take to the water and develop your paddling techniques and teamwork skills.
- Flying Fox – Fly above the water at high speed whilst suspended to an overhead cable.
- Giant Swing – Students will fly through the air whilst hanging from the harness. Are you ready to conquer your fears?
- Leap of Faith – Ascend the six-metre pole and take a daring dive off the trapeze.
- Raft Building – A fun task that involves building a raft fit for floating. Sink or swim? That’s what may happen if you fail to get it right!
Our professional instructors will always be on hand to make sure all your students are safe during the fun. This gives you peace of mind and allows you to relax and enjoy your experience at PGL too!
Discover lots more about our adventure activities here.